Your tortoise may come out and want to just bask these cool October days.
- Don’t bother to offer food unless it is browsing.
- Do soak the tortoise in a shallow pan with warm water that comes about half way up its shell. Be sure the tortoise can lift its head out of the water.
- Keep track of the days when you see your tortoise.
- Note the last day seen for future reference. Your shelly one will disappear for the winter at just about the same time every year.
Resources for Brumation
- Video of Tortoise Group’s General Meeting on September 28, 2013
Enjoy these last days!