Spring is bursting upon us and our tortoises will be emerging in March and April.
Now’s the time to make the habitat safe and ready.
- Pick up winter’s accumulated clutter
- Prune the plants
- Remove any mustard and thistles, leaving the filaree and dandelions, of course
- Prune a good path around the edge of the year where the tortoise walks
- Plant some fresh new plants
- Fertilize the grass and plants
- Clean out the water area
- Pick up any litter, especially colorful pieces, that may have blown in
- Check the whole area for safety